Wednesday 13 November 2013

Never trap a Butterfly....



Never trap a butterfly . . .

Designed by Karen Gartland
Here is my first blog entry....I am very busy with family etc so not sure how often I will actually be able to blog, but I will try and add photos of projects and then add details when I find time.

 The card was created by cutting a mat from a piece of black card, then rounding the corners with a corner punch. I used an anti static bag to dust the black card, then inked up a wood mounted butterfly stamp with archival ink and stamped it onto the card. Next I heat embossed it with the clear embossing powder
For the central topper image, I took a piece of white card, stamped another wood mounted image with archival (black) and then took clear boot wax polish onto my foam, dipped into mica and gently rubbed over the image.

I took a DL size piece of centura pearl, using photo glue mounted the black mat, then using foam pads mounted the topper and to finish off the front I embellished the corners using Pinflair liquid pearls.

Thank you for looking and Happy crafting ...

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card Karen, I like the Butterfly stamp and I like the black embossing in the background. x

    ReplyDelete