Saturday 18 January 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARDS


HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HUSBAND & DAD
CARDS


 These cards were ordered by a friend and neighbour, who incidentally is my best client, always gets me to make cards she needs and is always over the moon with what I produce. I have on this occasion stuck to stamping...no computer or pre-printed stock.






I began by stamping the large butterfly (wood mounted rubber stamp from stash) on to 200gsm Stamp & Colour by Stamps Away http://www.clevercut.co.uk/ with Momento Black Ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder (Stamps Away). I used Promarkers: Metallic blue, green, violet and silver to colour the image. I then secondary stamped to a piece of copier paper and cut out the image to create a a mask.
Using 'That Special Touch Mica Mask- Leafy    http://www.clevercut.co.uk I sponged Joycrafts warm winter colours - green through the mask. From the same ink collection I blended blue around the edges towards the centre.


Using the 'Distressed Alphabet' Stamps Away I stamped 'HUSBAND' onto Stamp & Colour card and embossed with clear powder. just above this I stamped 'Happy Birthday' using a wood mounted red rubber stamp from my stash and again clear embossed it. I then cut his out freehand. I distressed the piece with the blue used earlier from edges to centre.

Using an EK Success border punch I punched two smaller butterflies and cut from the card.

I glued with Pinflair the sentiment and the butterflies to the card. Them edged with black Promarker. Finally I spritzed with both pearl and copper mica sprays (Stamps Away). I mounted the piece onto scored and folded 300gsm Centura Pearl with a hint of silver.
Inside I compiled a sentiment from clear word stamps reading 'Love Beyond Words' 'Happy Birthday' and stamped this in Momento - Black. 



HAPPY BIRTHDAY - DAD

This card used similar items to the previous one:

Base Card:                   Centura Pearl Hint of Silver - scored and folded A5
Mat Layer:                   Black Pearl Card
Top Layer:                   Stamp & Colour 200gsm

Inks:                            Joycrafts - Warm Winter Colours Collection - Green, Blue & Yellow
                                   Momento - Black

Stencils:                       Patchwork Templates Collection - Stamps Away
                                   Aperture Collection Stamps Away

Stamps:                       Elegance Alphabet Stamps Away
                                   Wooden Mounted Red Rubber 'Happy Birthday'
                                   Wooden Mounted Red Rubber 'Golfer'

Pens:                           Promarkers -Summer sun (LE), Silver Metallic, Almond, China Blue, Green Shoot                                        and Cinnamon
                                   Micron 0.5 Black

Embossing:                 Clear Powder Stamps Away


I sponged through the patchwork template Stencil, dried with heat tool, edged with Micron pen, stamped 'DAD' with Momento and dried this. I stamped the Golfer with Momento embossed with clear powder and coloured with Promarkers.

I stamped the sentiment with Momento, embossed and distressed from edge to centre. Once dry I used the apeture stencils to draw round and then cut out the sentiment. I mounted this with foam tape. The edges were distressed with blue and then mounted to the mat layer. All was then mounted to the base card.

Thanks for popping in today. Hope you have enjoyed your read.

Happy Crafting....

Bye for now.

Krafti Karen x




No comments:

Post a Comment