Wednesday 28 May 2014

'My heartfelt wish...'


My Heartfelt Wish....

Courtesy of Papercraft Essentials magazine, I have put the Lavina Stamps cover gift to good use.

Using a piece of 200gsm Stamp & Colour Card (Stamps Away) I took a circle mask and blended tumbled glass distress ink around it. Then I blended around this with faded jeans distress ink, removed the circle mask and used spiced marmalade to blend the sun in the background. I then used a spritz solution containing gold mica powder to add a nice speckled effect. having dried this with my heat gun I was ready to start stamping.

After trying several black ink, I opted for Ranger Black Archival, though the stamps seemed to be greasy, so I cleaned them and tried again. (A little more practice required with this image...possibly too much pressure as the images are not as crisp as I would have liked).

Firstly, I stamped the fairy centrally over the sun and then the two groups of fairy wishes. I then stamped several groups of ivy below the fairy as if she were walking on ivy. I dried the images then using a Sakura pen added the birds in the background (right).

Using a quickie glue pen around the wings and on the wishes I added Hunkydory Diamond Sparkles - Midnight Black.

Once dry I trimmed the image and matted it onto black card.

The verse was stamped onto the same white card with Archival and then matted onto black card.

The image was then matted onto a 300gsm Adorable Scorable (A5 Portrait) base card and I finally added the matted verse piece.


Thanks for popping in ...
Happy Crafting!

Karen x


No comments:

Post a Comment